Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread May 22nd, 2005, 06:47 AM
Maggie

Smile Workout Advice :)

Just wondering if you could recommend a starting place for me while I wait for my Fitprimes to arrive, or even how to take it slow when they get here. I am 43 and although I have an extensive home video library I haven’t been consistent at all for about 8 years. I was a devoted Firmie until I injured my back at work in ’97. Since that time I really have only been walking and stretching (floor and ball). I went back to University shortly after that and have become a teacher, just finishing up my first year. I have made other things more important than “me” and I want to become stronger and healthier in body, mind and spirit. I have to confess that I get intimidated by weight training quite easily. I have a heart arrythmia and if I do too much I become really anxious. DOMS is pretty scary for me believe it or not, so I guess I need courage as well as good advice. I'm also trying to do Weight Watchers and would like to lose about 10lbs.

These are the videos I have:

Firm Basics (all three)
Fat Blaster* *Would you believe I’ve never even tried these!
Better Body & Buns*
All Weights*
Lie Down and Work Out
Lower Body Sculpting (parts)
Prime Power-Fat Bruning
Original Firms-Vol 1,2,4,5, and 6 (yes…the pre-order variety )
Tortoise & Hare
Ballroom Aerobics
Strong Body
Not So Tough Aerobic Mix

Leslie Sansone’s “You Can Do It” series
Denise Austin’s –Female Fat Zones
Keeping Fit in Your ‘50’s –Flexibility and Strength

I can’t believe all the videos I have!! The old Firms are by far the best videos I’ve ever used and for that reason I kept up with them for about six or seven years. I’m hoping that I will use these Fitprimes and that they are as wonderful as I’m reading on the forum.

Thanks for your time.
Margaret
Unread May 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Default Re: Workout Advice :)

Welcome!

My opinion would be to start with Firm Basics until your set arrives.

Also, you need to try those 3 tapes that you have never done, because I think they are 3 of my favorites!

Lori
Unread May 22nd, 2005, 05:49 PM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Workout Advice :)

Hi Maggie and welcome!

I agree with LoriInND - the FIRM Basics seem like a good place to start. I'd also like to add that you could take some extra walks or do any other activity you enjoy. Since you have some previous medical concerns, it would be a good idea to check with your doctor too. Don't forget to listen to your body, if it feels like you are doing too much, slow down, rest if needed or if weights are too heavy, lighten up.

HTH