Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread November 6th, 2006, 06:13 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Introduction

Hi all! I am new to these boards. I just received the FitPrime 6 pak and the KickButt 6 pak in the mail today. So I have not had the chance to try them out. I have however done many of the Firm workouts from the classics to the brand new ones. I love video workouts because I work full time and I am a mother of 2 my daughter is 8 and my son is 5. My husband is currently working nights. I have had quite a struggle with my weight in the last year I have gained 30 pounds. I use to workout routinely but have fallen off the wagon many times this year. I have also struggled terribly with my diet choices, by that I mean my diet has been horrible. I recently got on an antidepressent, Effexor. I know that if I had continued to workout I would not be sufferring like this. I have never had to take an anti depressant before and I hope to be able to go off of it soon, I am not liking the side effects and niether is my hubby if you catch my drift. My biggest challenge this year was when my appendix burst in early Febuary it took them a week to figure out the problem and by then they had to take an ovary and tube too. Since then I have made many attempts to get back into my workout routine and healthy diet but I keep getting off track and going the opposite direction. I really feel that I am ready to do this now, I am starting to feel better and I have gained control over my emotional eating. My hubby should be back to working days in the next 2 months and that will make a world of difference. But I know that doing it is up to me and me alone. And I feel like it is time to get started. I have decided to put my scale up until January 1st of 2007 at that time I will weight in and put it back up until I have gotten to a size that I feel pleased with myself and my apperance and then I will take it down to find out what that weight equals and from there it will be strictly maintenance. I also want to run the St. Judes Marathon next December so I will begin training for that next year too.

I hope that I can make some friends on this board. I would really appreciate the support.

Crystal
Unread November 6th, 2006, 06:32 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome. We have many friendly check-in groups here. Perhaps that will help keep on track, encourage you and help you make some on-line friends.
Unread November 6th, 2006, 04:35 PM
In Training

Welcome Crystal, So glad you're here !
~john 3:16~

Unread November 14th, 2007, 12:39 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

Welcome Crystal!!

I returned to Anna's workouts myself after a long period of inactivity. I'd bought the FP-KB six packs back in June of 2005. A couple of weeks into my workout routine, my father was hospitalized with an infection an complications from rheumatoid arthritis. To make a very long story short, he spent the next 9 months in and out of nursing homes and hospitals until the Lord finally took him home on March 4,2006. Naturally my workout routine quickly became history and I packed on 12 lbs mostly from stress related eating but I'm sure my lack of regular physical exercise didn't help.
I recommitted to eating a healthy diet and exercising this past June and lost the 12lbs by following a lower carb/higher protein regimen. I also began working out with the FP/KB DVD's and am starting to see the best fitness results of my life. Something about the combo of the weights/yoga/and pilates seems to be working for me. I always got good results with the Firm tapes but tended to bulk up when I used too much weight.
Our combo DVD/VCR machine bit the dust this past summer and we bought a new HD TV and a replacement VCR. Since then, I'm discovering workouts that were gathering dust in the video cabinet for years. Absolutely everything looks better on that new TV set and I haven't set foot in a gym in months. I still keep my YMCA membership so that my family (dh of 21 years, 5yr old ds, and 83 years young mother) can swim.
I wish these boards were a bit more active but perhaps they will be once Anna's new DVD's are released. They have been a great source of support for me these past few months.
Keep us posted on your progress and don't hesitate to ask for support when you need it. Patty