Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > In Loving Memory of Anna L. Benson

Unread November 24th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Just Signed Up

Default We Will Miss YOU

Anna,

Most of us didn't know you were ill. We will all miss you. You changed my life. I hope you knew how much you gave to all of us.

Eileen
Unread November 24th, 2009, 12:42 PM
In Training

Default Re: We Will Miss YOU

Yes, Anna we will miss you.

Anita
Unread November 25th, 2009, 06:56 AM
Just Signed Up

My condolences to Anna's family and friends and other FIRM enthusiasts. Anna's vision helped me tremendously on my road to fitness and to finding workouts I can do at home that are still challenging and oodles of fun today.

I found out about Anna's passing on VF. Anna has touched so many of our lives. I hope it's ok to post a link to our thread expressing our thoughts.

[URL]http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=141010[/URL]

This is what I posted over there:

[I]It is indeed a sad thing especially at this time of year. My prayers for her family and friends. [/I]

[I]I am truly thankful that Anna released the Classics at a time when mundane cheesy w/o's were our only options. I remember thinking exercise vids were not for me until I rented V1-3 from Blockbuster in the early 90's. Then I copied them b/c I could not afford to buy them at $49.95 a pop.[IMG]http://forum.videofitness.com/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG] After the price dropped to $24.99, I bought V4-6. Some years later a friend gave me her set of V1-3 that she got from Time Life. She was not using them. I remember finding that utterly appalling.[IMG]http://forum.videofitness.com/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG] I still have/love and use them today, well earlier this year. It was also b/c of Anna that I started using weights. No other video back then used weights. I remember watching "20 Questions About Fitness" over and over. No other video was such a fantastic "visual feast." I remember drooling over the FIRM catalogs (kept them forever) and waiting anxiously for a new video to be produced. Every time I pop one in, I see all these different angles and elements that makes it just as theatrical as watching a movie. The music and set was grand, truly grand and made me just connect w/ the FIRM. No other w/o I own has ever reached that level of production. Though I've incorporated other genres, the Classics still hold a "my first" kind of place in my heart.[/I]

[I]Thank you Anna. You've made my fitness journey a wonderfully, exciting experience.[/I]
Unread November 25th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Just Signed Up

My condolences to Anna's family. I am shocked and deeply saddened by this news. I have most of The FIRM tapes, and I have many of them on dvd too. They are truly inspirational and great workouts. I have not found any workouts, either before or since The FIRM originals, that produce the results and have the fun factor that these workouts have. June Goodine from Canada.
Unread November 25th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

Deepest condolences to Anna's friends and loved ones.

Thank you for all that you gave us Anna, there is another shining star in the sky tonight.
Unread November 27th, 2009, 12:51 AM
Just Signed Up

I was shocked to hear this news. It was so sad because even though I never met Anna, she has changed my life. Her workouts started me on my healthy fitness lifestyle change and are the ones I continue to use on a regular basis.
My condolences to her family.