Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Success Stories!

Unread June 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
The music is like ****ah.

Default Results after 10 weeks of WHFNs

I've been working out regularly for years and years, and consider myself a high intermediate to low advanced exerciser.

So I've been using Robin's rotation of Kickbutt & FitPrime workouts for 10 weeks. I decided I'd do my benchmark workout, The Firm Vol 1, at the end to determine what results I got.

Oh, I got results, Baby. My balance was sooo good - it's never been that good. I had new strength in my hips and core. I didn't miss one single rep of the killer floorwork in Vol 1.

My only concern was I thought there wasn't enough cardio in these WHFNs (because they don't kill me) but I had no trouble with the cardio in Vol 1. I enjoyed it!

The ab work was fun. I loved the pullies. I remember how much I used to dread pullies. HAH!

I asked my DH, "How can I be getting such good results with these workouts that are so fun and not that hard?" He said, "People who know what they're doin'!" I think he's right for once.
Unread June 6th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Results after 10 weeks of WHFNs

Wonderful, congrats and thanks so much for sharing!!!

...and your dh has only been right once? (...just teasing. I'd say that too.)
Unread June 7th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Administrator

Redeye, great results! I need a bowing smilie to express my admiration for not missing a rep on Volume 1's floorwork! That is super!!!!

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread June 7th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Just Signed Up

Amazing!!! What will you do next? Where will you take this?
Unread June 7th, 2005, 02:46 AM
Makes me feel good to see this body do things my daughter can't. I couldn't have done it without my FitPrime/FIRM/WHFN workouts.

Redeye, I also wonder how these fun workouts can be so effective. Your DH is probably right! Maybe it's because the dread factor isn't there and we go into a workout with a "up" attitude.
Unread June 7th, 2005, 03:58 AM

Believe me, I was dreading Vol 1. And I didn't want to find out these workouts were not effective because I love them soooooooo much. Well, I'm thrilled that they ARE very effective.

Ginger, I'm sure my DH has been right several times before. I just can't remember it.

I love the idea of "working smarter." In fact, I didn't believe you could get good results unless you worked so hard you were ready to hurl.

Since these WHFNs are not brutal, I find that I put 100% into them. I concentrate on every movement and try to get the most from every exercise; during a more challenging workout (Cathe) I find myself trying to make the exercises easier so I can just get through them.

Maybe if you work as hard as possible during a less challenging exercise (rather than back off a harder exercise) you get more out of it. This seems to be the case for me anyway. I find the WHFNs (even the FitPrimes) get harder each time I do them because I'm learning them. Even so, there is absolutely NO DREAD FACTOR. I love these workouts so much.

Can you tell I'm thrilled???
Unread June 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM
Survivor Pool? Are you kidding? I'm IN!

Redeye - Your results are thrilling. I always suspected (although never really tested) that an easier workout with perfect form would give me better results that killing myself.
Unread June 8th, 2005, 03:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snora
I always suspected (although never really tested) that an easier workout with perfect form would give me better results that killing myself.
Me too! I've never put that theory to the test until now. I'm VERY thrilled!
Unread June 8th, 2005, 04:18 AM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

I stopped killing myself some time ago, and I feel much better. I'm stronger, too, which surprised me in way. I still include "hard" workouts maybe once a week, but they're not the mainstay of my workout regimen.

I've had some interesting and unexpected results from doing the WHFNs in that doing them regularly has made me look (or look again, in some cases) at workouts that I wouldn't have considered (or reconsidered) otherwise. I don't need tall box work every workout day (I was born with a bubble butt ), so while I definitely like having the BBH Firms, original FitPrimes, and WHFNs as the mainstay of my routine, I also need to incorporate other workouts so my butt won't migrate too far north (I know, I know--some of you would love to have this problem). I'm delighted to say that my pre-WHFN preparation period that I started in January (mostly original FitPrimes and BBH Firms) followed by several weeks of mostly WHFNs when they arrived made me brave enough to tackle things like Mindy's strength workouts and improved my balance enough to make the balance/ballet segments of The Method workouts much, much easier. It's all good.
Unread June 15th, 2005, 01:32 AM
Just Signed Up

What are BBH Firms?