Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 18th, 2005, 06:36 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default KickButt Crunch Time Reviews

Please place your KickButt Crunch Time reviews here.

Last edited by annavere; October 18th, 2005 at 05:50 AM.
Unread March 21st, 2005, 10:38 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: KickButt Crunch Time Reviews

I just got done doing CrunchTime. I do not have the original FitPrimes so cannot compare it to anything. I also am no good at writing detailed reviews so I am just going to give my impressions.

First of all, Tamela is gorgeous. She looks so strong and healthy. One of my favorite FIRM videos was Cardio Burn so I was absolutely thrilled that she was leading WHFN workouts.

The workout starts out with a short warm-up, then some chest flies and pullovers then corework. She does several pilates roll-ups and other pilates moves. The obliques don't really get worked much. She did not seem comfortable in front of the camera at first - some of her expressions were kind of weird. After the corework was done she really loosened up and started having fun.

There were short cardio segments alternated with weighted work. There was a lot of leg work - not a whole lot of upper body work. The cardio was mixed impact and the weighted moves were fun.

There was a section that she called the flying phoenix that I found impossible - it is a balancing move that I simply could not get! I can't wait to master that one.

Another section I found to be a lot of fun was the arabesque/tricep section. It was a one-legged good morning alternating with tricep kickbacks. I really felt that one in my hamstrings.

Overall it was not a killer workout. I don't feel wiped out and totally, thoroughly worked out. What I do feel is energized and happy. It was so great to enjoy working out rather than killing myself!

This is a workout that I will be reaching for often. It was fun, it was short and the different moves and changes kept it interesting. I worked up a good sweat and moved my body for over 40 minutes - what more can I ask for?!

I greatly enjoy Tamela and I hope that she leads more workouts.
Unread March 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
Oh well--PATIENCE!!

Thanks for posting your review. I know when I do fun workouts, I do them over and over again. I hate picking out workouts and having that dread factor seep in. I am so looking forward to doing the workouts.
Unread March 21st, 2005, 03:05 PM
My Booty is Hurtin!

I think I know which move she called the phoenix-if its the one in the original crunch time, you are right, its a killer. Is it the one where you put your hands on the box while standing on one leg, then extend the arms and that leg?
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 01:39 AM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkallus1
I think I know which move she called the phoenix-if its the one in the original crunch time, you are right, its a killer. Is it the one where you put your hands on the box while standing on one leg, then extend the arms and that leg?
Yes! That is the move - I was wobbling all over the place, lol!
Unread March 24th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Just Signed Up

Where can you purchase these workouts???
Unread March 24th, 2005, 05:33 AM
Just Signed Up

http://whfn.com/order.php

Here is the link that takes you to the order page. Also, if you click on the pink WHFN logo at the top of all the pages it takes you to the homepage where you can see descriptions. Hope this helps!
Unread March 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM
donnadonna

I also did KB Crunch Time today and agree with everything tjc says! Tamela was awesome! Maybe it's just me, but it never looked like Susan was enjoying leading that workout, there was something a little bit sad about her. Tamela is energetic, has lots of great form pointers, and appears to really be having fun.

Many of the exercises have been modified - some were made easier, some more difficult. One of the many things I love about Anna is that the easier moves can always be made harder. I don't think that there's as much upper body work on the KB version and they took out the bit with the stick across your shoulders, which looked so silly but which I really liked and which felt really good. Having said that, I LOVED this workout.

Amazing that the whole thing is only 44 minutes ... it's a lot of bang for your buck!
Unread March 25th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

Please tell me the Good Mornings/Tricep extensions are still on there!
Unread March 25th, 2005, 06:47 AM
donnadonna

Yes, Maryann, the good morning/kickbacks are still in! I loved that part, too. They're modified slightly, but can't for the life of me remember how. And, it seemed like fewer reps. But it was ok, as however they modified it (oy! perimenopause has turned my brain to teflon!), I was able to use heavier weights. Overall, I probably liked the changes in this workout more than in the others I've done and I really liked the original Crunch Time.