Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 18th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default KickButt Floor Burn Reviews

Please place KickButt Floor Burn reviews here.

Last edited by annavere; October 18th, 2005 at 05:49 AM.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 10:27 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: KickButt Floor Burn Reviews

I just got finished with FloorBurn. I don't really have much to say about it. Tamela seemed very comfortable in front of the camera this time. I didn't use weights since it was my first time. I didn't find it to be terribly difficult but I know that is because I was concentrating on Tamela and what she was saying rather than my body. I imagine the more I get to know the workout and focus on my form the harder it will be.

I'm the kind of person that sees pilates and yoga as something I SHOULD do rather than LIKE to do. I think this workout has a place in the KickButt rotation but can't say I'm terribly excited about it simply because I don't enjoy pilates or yoga - I don't think they are fun although WHFN did a better job than any other yoga or pilates workout I've tried.

I'm sure the more I do it the more I'll enjoy it - I think this is the type of workout you need to be familiar with in order to get the full benefit. I'll say this, though - I am standing taller than usual and I do feel good.

One last thing - Tamela ends the workout by saying, "That was fun!". I busted up laughing. I wish I could meet her - she sounds like she has a great sense of humor.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 10:49 AM
Working Out

She *starts* one of the other workouts by asking if we're ready to have fun. What a great sense of humor!
Unread March 26th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Getting Started

Nothing to say but loved Tamela in this one too.

Enjoyed the workout.

Anita
Unread March 27th, 2005, 04:17 AM
Just Signed Up

I did this one yesterday with ankle weights and 5 lb. hand weights. Tamela is in amazing shape and the workout flows well. It doesn't seem hard, but today I am feeling it! I was surprised how much! I did miss Susan in the original Floor Burn , but it was nice to see another mom of four who is fit, strong and beautiful!
Unread April 1st, 2005, 05:19 AM
Beagles are just like potato chips! You can't have just one!

I am TOTALLY PSYCHED about these new DVD's!!!!!! I love the vibrant colors, the music, the instructors (okay I have only done one so far, Floor Burn, but..) and the studio. It feels like HOME because it reminds me of the origional Firm set which has been my favorite workout set EVER.

I have been Firming since the beginning (late 80's?) and am now 40 years old...soon to be 41 *gasp*. I need a slower, more controlled pace to give my slightly achey older bod a chance to get in position with gear in hand for the next moves. If all the KickButts are paced like Floor Burn I will be totally thrilled. I will add weight to increase resistance as I go along. I am past the point where I want to look like the cover of Muscle & Fitness Hers. I just want a tight, lean, cellulite free (as realistically possible) body that still looks good in a bikini.

So, off to try KickButt Crunch Time. I have a feeling I will love it and if so I plan to order the new FitPrime series tomorrow. I will probably sell most of my old FitPrimes..the ones with the small, dark, solo instructor set. I need the uplifting atmosphere of the new set to motivate me to hit PLAY
Best!
Cindy

Last edited by ShowBeagles; April 1st, 2005 at 05:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread April 1st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Just Signed Up

I was very challenged by this workout. I had DOMS in my abs, which almost never happens. I can tell that this will help strengthen my hips, as I had a hard time with some of the table work.

Sarah
Unread April 1st, 2005, 05:03 PM
Beagles are just like potato chips! You can't have just one!

Can someone tell me what DOMS stands for please?
Unread April 1st, 2005, 08:51 PM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowBeagles
Can someone tell me what DOMS stands for please?
Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness
Unread April 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Just Signed Up

I had been doing the FIRM workouts for just over a year when I found these workouts and ordered them. I received the tapes and set them to the side so that I could finish a rotation with some other videos (non-firm) that I had also ordered. Well, Friday I decided I didn't want to wait any longer so after I finished the tape on the rotaion I opened up Floor Burn. During the workout I was very skeptical, it didn't seem very tough and at the end of the workout my hrm only registered 109 caloried burned. Bummer! I wanted more bang for my buck so I decided maybe it was just my choice of video and I might get more out of some of the others. This morning (Saturday) was the day after the workout and I have really been feeling it. Maybe I made up my mind a little too quickly. I know what I'm feeling is from this tape because the areas that are hurting weren't areas that the other tape worked. The funniest thing is I've walked around all day feeling like someone was squeezing my buttocks. Good grief, what in the world did I do to get that feeling?

I will continue to add these videos in and see how it goes. I want to continue the videos that I'm presently working through because I've been seeing really good results.