Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread April 29th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Getting Started

Default Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

I actually did not like this workout. I didn't care for the way Heidi and Kimberly kept switching off - found it distracting - and I didn't like the last aerobic segment, though I think Kimberly and Heidi on their own are great. I also thought the CW music during the back segment was pretty dorky and the faux jazz during some of the floor work just irritated me. Too bad, because the actual exercises were great with the exception of the constant switch of instructors. I'll probably do it again because it's a good tough workout, but I really prefer just about every other workout I've done so far.
Unread April 30th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Survivor Pool? Are you kidding? I'm IN!

I did this yesterday for the first time. I am not sure which I prefer, the old FTGU or the new PP. I will have to do them both over again. FTGU was my favorite of the old FPs, so of course I love PP, too. I can say that I missed going barefoot! I did not wear wgts for floor and core work like I did on the old tape. Ironically, I found my floor MORE effective as I could really nail my form w/o the wgts.
Unread April 30th, 2005, 06:42 AM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

I have been working out with Anna since 1988 and I just had to say...again, that she truly is a genius.

These are the best workouts on the market anywhere. I ordered the 12pack set and have cycled through all of them. I'm 45 years old and in better shape than most young people that I know because of Anna.
Push Pull is an improvement on FTGU with an old FIRM feel. I always feel like I'm working out with a bunch of people that I know and never feel like I need the health club experience.
Thank you Anna, and please keep the workouts coming!
Tina
Unread May 5th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Getting Started

I really like all the KB workouts and just finished PushPull which I thought was great. Question--does anyone know what song (it has vocals) is playing during Heidi's lunge segment towards the beginning of the workout? Once again I think the Bensons are ahead of their time. These workouts make others look dated. Remember they were the ones who really introduced aerobic weight training for which they were criticized and also the tall box step ups. I always feel great after these workouts.
Unread May 11th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Just Signed Up

I did this workout yesterday morning (3rd time)...loved it, then last night I had extra time and energy so I did SC (4th time) and loved it again as well. These workouts are fabulous. I just can't say enough good about them. BTW, I have already seen results. One of which being I am sleeping better than I have in long time. Gotta love the fusion thing!
Unread May 12th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Simpler is better!

I'm doing this one tomorrow and ADORE what I see. I had FTGU and liked it, but I really prefer this version better. Heidi and Kimberly work well together. Don't have to go into feelings over music and set.....I'm already a broken record.
Unread May 12th, 2005, 05:38 PM
No matter what obstacles are thrown our way, we're going to keep on keeping on to the best of our abilities. That's the idea anyway.

I just did this workout for the first time tonight. It is virtually impossible for me to preview, no matter how hard I try to just sit there and watch, I have to get up and do the workout. I don't use full weight during the first run through, and sometimes even no weight, though, so I haven't done it yet while giving it my all. As an experienced old school Firmie, I could tell that I can easily make this workout as difficult (or not) as I need to.

I loved this workout! It's so graceful. I loved all the balance challenges, the smooth transitions from one sequence or prop to the next, the instructors, the cuing, everything. Well done!

Laura
Unread May 12th, 2005, 10:49 PM
WHFN Infomercial Star!

I did this workout for the second time and just love it. I always did like the original version (FTGU), but this was great too! I miss the lunge jumps, but the new choreography in its place is just fine. The first time I did it I burned 268 cals and yesterday I burned 307! Not too shabby!
Unread June 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Just Signed Up

This workout will definately get plenty of play in my house. I really like Kimberly kickboxing style workouts. Very fun. Heidi's weight segments were varied and fun also. In particular, I did enjoy all the plank and core work at the end. This was new for me and something I've wanted to try more of without wasting my time sorting through all the pilates DVD's flooding the market now.
Unread June 15th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

Ok, did this one for the first time tonight and I LOVE IT as well. It was tough and challenging with the weight work. I liked the balance challenges and I felt relaxed and energized when finished. I thought it was hard but when I was finished it didn't seem like it was that hard. I think it's cause these take more time to cool down and strech out good at the end.

Anyway, another winner and now I want them all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diane